Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Believe, Belong, Become

I was reading today in John Maxwell's Leadership Bible.... Romans chapter 5-7 and in this Paul presents a very clear Image of our need says Mr. Maxwell. He (Maxwell) states that becasue of our "fallen human state" we have three fundamental needs:

           1. To believe: All human hearts need to have faith in something or someone.
           2. To belong: All human hearts need to experience community and family.
           3. To become: All human hearts need to grow, stretch, and reach their potential.

As I read what he had to say this morning, I thought this is absolutely true. Above all things we need to believe, belong, and become. As I applied this to myself, I realized that most of my life I searched for some type of fullfillment , but when I met Jesus I became satisfied with who I was in him. Knowing him has created a family and community  for me, one that I could never have imagined... the church... my brothers and sisters in Christ whom I lean on for support and guidance through this thing called life. But, more importantly, I realize that being satisfied does not mean being complacent. God wants and expects us to grow and reach the potential that he sees in us.  This smeans that sometimes things get uncomfortable and we are placed in places and situations that force us to grow and mature in various areas of our life. This means spiritually, emotionally, and physically. I have a quote on the side of my blog that you may have never noticed by George Elliott. It states... "It is never tool late to become what you might have been." how appropriate to this. Dont become comaplacent with who or what you are, but step out in faith knowing that God wants us to grow and become something more.

Today as you you set forth place these three words in your heart....believe, belong, and become... where are you in this thing called life?

No comments:

Post a Comment