Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nutrition is the key

I have found that exercise without proper nutrition is insanity. You can't expect great results by doing just part of what you need to do. While exercise is critical, if you don't analyze you nutritional program you may be fighting a losing battle. I have found several things to be important with my nutrition. I need protein. I need good carbs, and yes, I need good fats. A big mistake I have made in the past is getting caught up in fad diets that throw out specific food groups like fats or carbs and in the end when you add them back to your diet the weight gain comes back. A proper balance is important, but it may be different for everyone.

There are several great nutritional plans out there that can help you get started. I have seen a lot of my friends be very successful with Weight Watchers http://www.weightwatchers.com/Index.aspx and I have found the "Zone Diet" http://www.zonediet.com/ to work great for me. Another plan that is very similar to the Zone diet is the "Paleolithic Diet" and truthfully I cross over between the two. Either way paying attentionto what you eat and ensuring that your body is getting the proper nutrients will inevitable help you be successful.

I don't like to preach, but I see so many people quit their health programs because they say it's not working. They are exercising and seeing very little change and then I see what they eat and I understand. You have to put the right stuff in for your body to work right. If you haven't looked at your way of eating, I encourage you to do this now and make adjustments so that you can get the body you want and not struggle to get there. I can assure you that if you eat right and exercise the fat pours off, no exceptions to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment