Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crossfit Addiction

Several of my friends and I were sitting around the table eating after a hard crossfit workout and we decided... Crossfit is addictive! It's true. Each night we drag ourselves back to the crossfit  gym after swearing the night before we were through or close to the vomit threshold. Amazingly enough, we keep going back.

Our whole conversation revolved around Crossfit, even after being at the Crossfit class for two hours we spent the next hour trying to figure out what it is about this class. People glare at us though the glass door as if we are insane... kinda like watching a freak show or seeing the lady with a beard at the carnival for the first time. We must look crazy. To be honest I am not sure what it is, but we decided there is something to the phrase "people that sweat together stay together." It's competitive yet we stand around encouraging and pushing others long after our on session is over ending up there most night for two hours. Pushing your self to be better and others believing that you can do it keeps you coming back for more. You come to admire people's perserverance and determination.

I've never been as sore and as happy about it as I am when I am doing Crossfit. The thing is there are people that are all shapes and sizes, people at various levels in their fitness programs, beginners and experts and yet there is a bond between crossfitters that says we stick together. These are the people I want on my team because I know they are tough and they will finish the race. True Crossfitters are not quitters. Regardless of how bad it seems in the moment, when it is over we keep coming back for more. You gotta love that about someone. I think it says something about a person's character to endure under such stress and pressure and then come back the next day. At the end of the meal, we all agreed that we would be back tomorrow night; therefore, Crossfit must be addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment