Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

Hey! Hey! Its Superbowl Sunday. Will it be Green Bay or Pittsburgh? I am not sure, but if you are trying to be healthy this may not be the most exciting day for you. All the Superbowl Parties, all the food and drinks can create a little anxiety and make you not enjoy or maybe even try to avoid it all together. I have been there, but I have found that if I do right about 80% to 90% of the time, I am ok to go for a splurge every once in awhile and Superbowl Sunday for me is a day to splurge!

It is really hard to go to a Superbowl party and not mess up the diet, but go ahead and give yourself permission and let it go. I am no expert, but I have some basic rules that get me through nights like this without being miserable or feeling guilty.  Eat something about an hour before you go so you are not starved when you arrive. Eat some veggies and dip first; Hummus and salsa are good choices and will help fill you up. Cheese slices and sandwich meat are always good as they are protein and will keep you from getting hungry. I avoid sodas as they just don't taste good to me anymore, but if you have to have one that's fine just don't drink six of them in one night. This leaves a little room for those indulgences that make us crazy to look at and not have. Go ahead... don't deprive yourself that only makes it worse. I am a sweets/chocolate lover. I always save these for last so that I am basically full and can find room for only one or two. If I started out on this, I would clear the tray in less than five minutes so knowing your weaknesses when it comes to food can help you make your on rules of eating for nights like this.

So put away your guilt and eating restrictions for one night. Enjoy being with family and friends and start back up tomorrow; It'll be okay... promise. Go Green Bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment