Monday, August 3, 2015

Today was the day

I love it when things all come together!. The stars all lined up and everything worked. Today was that day. First day of school and everything went as planned. I have been doing this a long time and I can honestly say that does not always happen, but today it did. I have watched my faculty, teachers, counselors, clerks and custodians, work hard to get everything ready, schedules, the classrooms,and the building and today it worked.

That energy was contagious. It carried over to me today and kept me pumped and moving throughout the day to stay in the classrooms, hallways and lunchroom with kids. It rolled over to this afternoon when I had to do intervals and I hate intervals. My normal day for intervals is Tuesday, but I had a change in my work calendar so I had to move intervals up to today, not excited about that at all this morning. But this afternoon I did them and did them well. Much faster than I would normally do it... about 30 seconds  faster. Now 30 seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but in the world of running that is a huge amount of difference for a short segment of running. I don't even know how I did it, but my Garmin shows it and my Run Keeper app on the phone lined up with it too. I figure both can't be wrong. Even the girls running with me today commented on my speed. I am never fast and that is why I hate intervals. But today I was on it. I was fast.


 Today had an energy and as tired as I thought I was, I was caught up in the overflow of positive energy from school. Some days this just happens and I realize how much a positive state of mind has on what I do and how it affects others. If I think back on my best moments, Pr's, in running or even in Crossfit there was a certain energy then that pushed me to the point of breaking my own personal record. Attitude is everything. whether it's at work or in play, how we approach it , the energy we carry into it is what can make the difference. I read a simple book a couple years back called the Energy Bus with my faculty and I am reminded again that positive energy is a key ingredient to success and moving beyond what we think we can do. The only thing stopping me is my mindset, believing I can't do more or be faster in this case...fixed mindset. Believing that with practice and the right approach, I can get better...growth mindset.

The goal is to learn how to tap into that energy purposefully and use it to drive change in school and change in me. Stay positive; focus on the good.. that is the goal this year, Do more than I believe I can do.
.
Today I learned another lesson at school... never to old to learn right?

No comments:

Post a Comment