Monday, January 17, 2011

Journaling....

For three years  I have been on my journey to fitness and I have found that the most beneficial tool to getting there has been journaling. On and off I played at journaling, but just in the last three months did I really get serious. What a difference it makes. I started off just keeping up with my exercise...time, kind, calories burned, but what I soon found out was exercise without proper nutrition was insanity. They go hand in hand so I had to start looking at not only what I was eating, but the amount and the time of day I was eating. I was eating a lot of the right things, but my portion control was a little off. By journaling, I soon realized too that snacking was a problem in the late afternoon for me. I would do great in the morning, but the afternoons were crazy. I didn't understand that so I started researching some things to help me understand ( a story for another time), but it all came about through my journal entries.

Even if you start out minimal like I did... start. Reflect back at the end of the week and see if you notice any trends in your exercising or your eating habits. Maybe over time you notice that Mondays are days when you never exercise, so make it a rest day. You can learn a lot about yourself by keeping up with just a few things. They make these great fitness journals you can buy, but they are not necessary. If money is tight right now, a composition notebook will do the trick. Try it.. I promise you' will learn more about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment