Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crossfit Challenge Today!

Today was the South Atlanta Crossfit Challenge at Club Fitness. It was an awesome day. People of all ages  and sizes, male and female were amazing. It was unbelievable to just be a spectator and see people pushing themselves to uunknown limits and teams strategizing to win the competition. As you already know, if you have ever read this blog, I love Crossfit, and today was the essence of what Crossfit is.

The competition drives you, the people encourage and inspire you, and the workout takes you to a different level. Anybody who comes once is hooked, no exceptions. You become connected to the people you sweat, vomit , and bleed with. Yes, all of these things happen to each of us at some point. How can you not love the guy beside you who pushes through and inspires you to suck it up and do more than you have ever done before. And while it is competitive, the support when you are doing the "Work Out for the Day (W.O.D)" from your classmates is unmatched by any sport I have ever participated in. Crossfit is a sport, not just an exercise program. The camaraderie makes you a family, an exclusive group in its on world. You can't understand it, until you do it, but when you do.... you will know what I mean.

I send out a big cheer to all the participants and coaches today. I am  proud to be part of such a wonderful group of people and I am thankful for my new found friends. Today was a good day for everybody. My team was awesome.. two cheers for Alexis and Dena who made me work harder than ever. Together we took home the trophy for the 1st annual Crossfit Challenge. Thanks for inspiring me and being great team mates! Check out the pictures below for a small glimpse into our Crossfit World!

No comments:

Post a Comment