Monday, April 25, 2011

Kipping Pullup!

Kipping Pull up? What in the world is a Kipping pull up? These are pull ups in crossfit were you create a rocking motion to help get you above the bar. Hard to explain so I will show you a video of somebody doing one....

OK so this video explains the technique and you can see how they are doing it. I must admit that I am not this eloquent in my attempts to do the Kipping pull up; however, my goal was just to be able to do it! So now I get it. The goal is to get better... more eloquent and graceful so that it looks effortless and of course to be able to do multiple Kipping pull ups without stopping.

I must also admit that it was by accident... mistake.. however you want to put it that I did it. As the people will tell you that were hanging out listening to the Coach trying to help me get there.. .I did it and was just as surprised as they were. So much so I forgot how to drop from the bar and about sprang my ankle getting down. You have to understand that I way underestimate myself most times so when I do something like this I am completely caught off guard, but when I do it...it is like finding the prize egg on Easter! Great feeling!

I have a long way to go yet, but doing one puts me half way there and doing two (which I did tonight) proves it was not a fluke and I can do this so the mental game is over and now I just have to work on the technique and strength to do more at once.

If I haven't said it lately, Crossfit is awesome and Preacher, the coach, is awesome. He is also the one who helped me with the hand stand push up (another story told earlier)! 

Very exciting...... so until next time ... keep trying at whatever it is and you will get it.. your effort will not be in vain!

No comments:

Post a Comment