Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Had a bad day!

I hate to say it, but sometimes your workout doesn't go the way you planned and it turns into a suck situation. I had one of those nights tonight. We did a workout called "FRAN".... 65 lb thrusters and pull ups... a round of 21- round of 15- round of 9 for time. A quick workout, but not easy. I really had a bad day!  I started out with the prescribed weight for women which was 65lbs, but just four reps into it, I knew it was too much. I was struggling with balance and getting the weight above my head. I should've been able to do it... but I couldn't for whatever reason.

I dropped to 45lbs and went on through the workout no problems, but was not happy at the end. Disappointed mostly, but the thing is this....If it doesn't feel right use your common sense and back off. It was one night; I will get over it. It just wasn't the night for me. Maybe it was mental or physical but either way it wasn't worth risking an injury if my heart, mind, or body wasn't in it.

It has been my experience to move on and not let it detour you to reaching your goal. I will get 65lbs soon, maybe even next time.  The night before was a victory with thee kipping pull up, but tonight sucked so life goes on.

I go in tomorrow with a new day, a new workout , and a new challenge and I am better for it. gotta lose some so you enjoy the victories more!

Until next time... keep pushing even when you had a bad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment